Monday, August 16, 2010

Start of School

Will on his first day of 1st grade

Apparently, the start of school hasn't been hard on anyone but me. Will walked right back in there like he never missed a beat and declared it "fantastic." Ryan, the one I was worried about, had a great time much to my amazement. Today he told me that they dug holes in the dirt on the playground and that his hole was the biggest. Great. I'm so proud.

I have walked around in a daze drinking Diet Dr. Pepper, eating dark chocolate M&Ms, and wondering where the years have gone. (slight exaggeration, but not much.) Just yesterday my parents were helping me move into Elam dorm on the Lipscomb campus. I was a college freshman concerned only with pledging the right social club, who was playing at 328 that weekend, and avoiding math.

I turn 35 next month. I think I see this as an end to my "baby years." My boys are getting bigger, more independant, and happily going to school. I am, admittedly, having a hard time. I am convinced that getting a puppy will help me through these trying times. John Will is not in agreement yet. A puppy will be much easier than a baby. Can I get an "Amen?"

12 comments:

Gini said...

girl, my babies are ALOT easier than my dog. just sayin...:) so if baby is an option- that is my vote!

Ginger said...

ummm, that's not exactly the response I was hoping for here.

Gini said...

Nawww...if a baby is out of the question- OF COURSE i think you should get a friend for gretta:)

Brigid said...

My kitten and I agree with you. :)

Emily said...

Have a baby. You need a girl!

April said...

At least babies do grow up and become independent...a dog needs care forevermore...not the answer you were wanting...he, he. ;)

Excellent picture. I'm so thankful that both boys did great on their first day at school. I know they do make their Momma proud! Hang in there. The transition will get easier...right?!

Holly Aytes said...

I totally relate Ginger! My baby days are over and it is a little sad. Caleb would stay home with me...he actually asked why I didn't homeschool him! Taylor and Madison both thrive at school though so that is good. They are both excited about going back. Where is Will going...is it a private school?

Holly Aytes said...

BTW, I support the puppy idea :)

Ginger said...

Emily- you of all people know it would be another boy.

Holly- Will is at the public school in our neighborhood. He loves it!

Sara said...

I hear ya--I wander around the house too wondering why no one is bickering with each other. Of course, Grant is with me most of the time, but it sure is quiet w/o Laura. It is tough, no doubt.

If you are open for more babies--I say "go for it". I can't quite shut that door either!

hette said...

GET THE PUPPY!!!

Carrie, The Modern Housewife said...

nah...i say go for a baby.