Saturday, December 8, 2007

M & M's and Penguins

Well, I realized yesterday afternoon that I have lost total control of my house and my children!This sounds bad, but it is true. With our sickness and JW being in the depths of exams, it is not hard to do. I found Ryan covered head to toe in chocolate from eating so many M & M's. He was running around getting chocolate everywhere because he was having some kind of spasm from too much chocolate and/or sugar! He was very funny! I wish I had snapped a picture of him. But, I did manage to snap this picture of them in their penguin pajamas. I had been looking for some matching penguin pajamas and finally found some last weekend at the outlets.

I guess in 20 years I will look back on times like this and just laugh. Hopefully my boys will not care that they had to live in a house where you can't even find a path to walk because there are too many books and Little People in the way. Hopefully they will just remember that they had fun and had a Mom who let them eat too many red and green M & M's at Christmas.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Love the matching pajamas. Sorry you've still been sick...I didn't know until Jim told me after hearing it from John Will at lunch.

Craziness, dirty houses, and too much chocolate is all part of having kids! I'm sure they will remember all those fun times.

April said...

I love the picture of Will & Ryan! I also love the fact that I am not the only one who, at times, seems to lose control of the household. He, he. :) I'm right there with you, Ginger...I hope my kids remember what fun times we have together, even at the expensive of "control" or "order!" When I think back on my own childhood, I do not remember each day of our normal routine; I do remember the out-of-the-ordinary days and what fun those were!!! My mom was always good to allow us to just enjoy those days that must have been chaotic. I hope I can provide some of those memories for my kids, too. I'm sure you are providing those for your two boys, even if it seems wild at times. They will treasure the memories...and their momma who helped create the memories!!!