Saturday, July 4, 2009

A Fun Fourth!

We have had a fun-filled Fourth of July weekend. We went up to my parent's house on Friday morning. We went to the pool during the day and that night we went to the Freedom Festival in their town. It was a huge event full of booths, live music concerts, and a great fireworks show. The boys did great even though we walked forever! Unfortunately, I forgot my camera so I have no pictures from Friday.
Today we went to JW parent's house. I remembered my camera today!

David, Will, and Ryan
(It wasn't easy to get Ryan to stop running long enough for this picture. Notice the red cheeks.)

Meme and John have a huge garden this year. Will especially loves the garden. Here he is posing with the huge bounty he had just helped pick.


Will picking vegetables

Ryan pretending to be the scarecrow. (standing next to the fake crow!)

2 comments:

Holly Aytes said...

The boys looked so cute! I totally forgot to get the kids american wear for this year..I normally hit old navy and get shirts for everyone but we have been so busy that I remembered it last night, oh well. I can't get over how big Ryan looks all of the sudden....not a baby anymore at all :( The garden looks wonderful..love fresh picked veggies :) Glad y'all had a wonderful 4th!

Melanie said...

Sounds like a good fourth to me! I love the way Ryan's cheeks get so red when he plays hard! We miss you here, but I am glad you are close enough to family to share in the wonderful everyday moments like picking vegetables from the garden.