Thursday, July 16, 2009

Will's 6th Birthday

Will turned 6 yesterday at exactly 3:43 p.m. We had a wonderful backyard birthday party complete with friends, family, cake and a huge waterslide! It was a baseball themed party, but no baseball was actually played! Will woke up yesterday morning at 5:45 asking "how long until my friends get here?" Bless his heart, he was so excited. And I am so glad we had such a beautiful day for my Willabug's 6th birthday. Enjoy the pictures!



Attempt at a group photo on the waterslide

Baseball cookies


Boys on the lookout of the playset



Will blowing out his candles
(yes, that is a bowl full of peanuts on the right, and we had cracker jacks too! baseball game food was the theme, complete with a snow cone machine!!)


Will hitting the baseball pinata
The pinata was very stubborn and was not coming down so JW had to get out the real baseball bat and hit it. Notice the candy flying in mid-air and the expression on Meme's face! (thanks to Aunt Gini for this action shot!)


Will on the water slide


JW on the water slide- (I went down the water slide too, but thankfully no one took my picture)



4 comments:

Gini said...

girl- you went down it after we left??? JEALOUS! david was sooo sad when i told him it had to go back:)

Holly Aytes said...

Looks like tons of fun! Love the baseball theme. Hard to believe our babies are 6 yrs old :) Did y'all rent the water slide?

Cindy said...

That does look like fun! I love the peanuts and Cracker Jack...I assume you had hot dogs, too? Cookies looked great, as usual! Happy Birthday to Will!

Sara said...

I guess I'll call you "Martha" again with the cute cookies, peanuts, cracker jacks. You thought of it all! The slide looks like a blast!