Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas Craziness

In the past week, we have survived 1 Christmas program, 2 school Christmas parties, 1 firm Christmas party, Christmas with my Aunt and Uncle from West TN, trip to Kentucky to see JW's aunt and extended family, and 1 playdate today with 6 kids in my small house! And we made all these goodies today! With some homemade Chex Mix thrown in there too. Whew! It has been busy, but fun. In them midst of all this my Nana is in the hospital with pnuemonia. She contends that she will be out in time to fry the country ham for Christmas morning breakfast. We'll see about that...

Hopefully we will survive the next 3 days of Christmas chaos and then stay at home and relax until the New Year. That is my plan.

Life is good and we are blessed. The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases. His mercies never come to an end. He is new every morning. Great is His faithfulness!



The boys and I made our Gingerbread House today. We have done this the past 3 years now. One of my friends gave me a great tip- Hot Glue Gun!! Forget the icing that comes in the kit- just go with the glue gun! It was so much easier and everything really stuck instead of kinda sliding apart! I think it turned out pretty cute.



We made cookies today too. We thought we would need some to leave out for Santa. I was tired of the Christmas trees, so we went with stars and angels. The stars just have a simple icing with red and green dots and the angels have icing with yellow sugar glitter halos. This was my first time to try angels and I really like how they turned out- much prettier in person. The picture doesn't really do them justice b/c you can't see the glitter very well.

1 comment:

Holly Aytes said...

Ginger, you always have the prettiest cookies! It may be hard for Santa to eat them :) You guys have been very busy. I hope you get that relaxing time after Christmas! I will say a prayer for your Nana.