Thursday, December 31, 2009

A New Decade

Ten years ago I welcomed in the new millenium with friends at The Bound'ry, a Nashville hot spot (well, at least it was a hot spot 10 years ago...) I even remember the cute little black velvet outfit I wore. There was no question that I would be awake at midnight to ring in the new year.

Tonight I am welcoming in this new decade at home with some appetizers (baked brie, spring rolls, hot ham party rolls, and strawberry trifle,) the UT bowl game on the TV, and 2 little boys currently dressed in batman costumes beating each other over the head with styrofoam swords. I am already wondering how late I will have to stay up to keep JW from making too much fun of me. Ahh, the changes that happen in 10 years!

The media has made much talk about how this past decade has been kind of a downer for our country. September 11th got the decade off to a pretty bad start. The events that followed have changed many lives permanently.

Personally, these past 10 years have been pretty good for me. I welcomed my two precious babies into the world, and it just doesn't get any better than that.

I know the next ten years will hold many changes for our world and our family. I look forward to watching my boys grow and I pray that I will be open to the changes that God sends our way.

I could use this opportunity to make a list of resolutions and post them here on my blog for all to see like many other bloggers. But, I won't because they are all the same resolutions as many of you have: healthy eating, more exercise, weight loss, saving money, etc... Why set myself up for failure? I will instead chose to be pleasantly surprised when some of these things actually come to fruition. (see, I just listed them anyway...)

I wish you all well as we ring in this new decade. Thank you for taking the time to read my thoughts.
Happy 2010!

3 comments:

April said...

Happy New Year to you, too, Ginger!

Holly Aytes said...

Ah Ginger, I miss having y'all around. I too remember ringing in many a new year in a much different way than we currently ring it in :) I wouldn't trade it though. I too am looking forward to what the new year has and being surprised when some things happen :) My resolutions are the same as last year (and the same as everyone else).

Carrie, The Modern Housewife said...

happy 2010 to you too! hopefully i'll get to share some brie with you in 2010!!!