Thursday, January 7, 2010

What's Cooking?

Something about this cold, snowy weather makes me want to stay home, drink coffee, and cook.

Here are some things I have made recently:


  • White Chicken Chili
  • Creamy Tomato Soup
  • Iced Cheese Sandwiches
  • Jessica Seinfeld Chocolate Chip Cookies
  • Homemade Spaghetti and Meatballs
  • Old-Fashioned Chili
  • Blueberry Yogurt Smoothie


    I received a much- appreciated Amazon.com gift card from my parents for Christmas. One of the things I have used it for is The Pioneer Woman Cooks. As most of you know, I am sucker for cookbooks. Old, new, good, bad- I don't care. I love them all. I read this book cover to cover last night and it is very interesting. Much more than just a cookbook. It is more of her biography. Great photography and delicious-sounding recipes. Plus, she is hilarious!! I can't wait to try some of her recipes.
    Have you made anything great lately?

8 comments:

Holly Aytes said...

We have a great recipe for turkey chili that we make all the time! The turkey makes it healthier than ground beef. I have to know...what are iced cheese sandwiches?

Ginger said...

white bread slathered with a mixture of butter and old english cheese spread and toasted in the oven. it's heaven.

Cindy said...

I needed to know about the iced cheese sandwiches, too. Thanks for explaining!

I made a pot of ham and bean soup the other day, using the hambone from our Christmas ham. It was very simple...from the BH&G cookbook...but it made me feel very domestic. It was good, too!

Unknown said...

Hi honey! I have been reading PW blog for several years, I love her!! I have never made a recipe of hers that we don't absolutely love. Hope you guys had a wonderful Christmas and New Years. Loved the Christmas card, you guys look great as always!!

Ginger said...

OH Lesley! It makes me so happy to hear from you! I think you're like the 4th person that reads my blog :)
Good to hear that you're a fan of PW- I'm fairly new to her but excited about her book.
Are you on Facebook? I think I looked for you one time but didn't find you. It is hilarious- everyone we grew up with is on there. You must get on there. Hope all is well with you guys.

Sara said...

I've been cooking soup a lot lately. And actually on Saturday night, I made Butternut Squash Risotto. It was quite delish! I am about to order PW cookbook from Amazon...let me know what you have cooked from her book?

Ginger said...

oooh Sara, very impressed with your risotto! I have always been too scared to try risotto. would love to know your recipe. have not cooked out of PW yet, but making my grocery list now!

Carrie, The Modern Housewife said...

i was wondering about those iced cheese sandwiches too!! i was wondering how that cookbook was!