Thursday, March 11, 2010

Cookies and Reading

Every Friday at Will's school is DEAR (Drop Everything and Read!) reading. In Will's class it is called Mystery Reader Day because the students don't know who is coming to read to them until they walk through the door. Most of the time it is a parent volunteer. This usually involves reading a few books and maybe a snack or craft.

The last time I read was in October, so I read some books on bats and moons and made bat and moon cookies.

This time my theme is St. Patrick's Day. I found two cute books: The Luckiest St. Patrick's Day Ever and Lucky Tucker.

I made shamrock cookies for our snack and Will is holding the rainbow streamer craft we are making.
I am so excited! I love their sweet little class. I am nearly knocked over and tackled with hugs every time I walk through the door to their classroom. They are a special group of kids. I know their innocence and excitement about parents being at school will not last forever, so I really am trying to treasure it right now.





4 comments:

Sara said...

Again, cute cookies...I am catching up on blogging, so I read up on your last few posts. Have fun reading tomorrow!

Holly Aytes said...

Ginger, I bet Will's teacher just loves you! I know I would love to have one of your boys in my class :) The cookies are adorable (as always)...wish you still lived here so I could pay you to bake cute stuff for me to take to the kids school.

Brigid said...

Awesome craft! Maggie couldn't wait to show it to me when she got home from school. And your right, soon they will be embarrassed when we show up. But for now, it's so sweet.

Cindy said...

Fun stuff! I got to be a secret reader in Will's kindergarten class last year. That is so much fun! And incidentally, Sam brought home the very same rainbow craft from preschool today! He loved showing off how it works.