Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Roller Skating

Will was invited to a birthday party at the Skate Center this past Saturday. It was his good buddy John Burton's birthday. This was Will's first time roller skating, but I was so proud of him. He would fall, laugh, then get right back up and do it again!
I got skates for myself and was surprised how it all came back to me, just like riding a bike. And oh how the skate center memories came back to me! The music was exactly the same...I promise! They were still playing Michael Jackson circa 1985. The only new song they played was BoomBoomPow! And that was because some kid requested it. It was good to know some things never change. The skates looked the same, it smelled the same like icees and concession stand popcorn. The lights, the cheesy carpet, the limbo, and the bad pizza. It was like stepping back into 1986. We had a great time and Will has already asked when we can go back. It's comforting.







1 comment:

Holly Aytes said...

We have been wanting to take Taylor and Caleb roller skating! It brings back lots of memories for me too :) Glad will had a great time. BTW, I can't believe how much older Will looks! He is definitely growing up.