It is August 13 2026. I am sitting at my kitchen table and it is approximately 1000 degrees outside. Too hot to drink coffee, really, but I don't know what else to do. So I drink the coffee and sit here.
Ryan is currently in Knoxville and starts his Junior year of college on Monday. Yes that is 2 years ago since he left for college and I am just now able to sit down and write about it. And I still don't think I can do it. The change in the past 2 years is almost more than I can put into words. I am older, my boys are older, Betsy is older, my parents are older. Time keeps on going and going. The emptying of the nest coincides with turning 50, menopausal changes, and parents getting older. I guess this is okay timing- I don't really know. I don't feel great about it all but I don't really have a choice, do I?
Every time I think about Ryan I am reminded of the Lord's goodness towards me. How in the world was I so highly favored as to be his Mother? After having Will I was so scared to be pregnant again. But instead I got Ryan. A healthy gorgeous baby boy who was the second half of my soul I never knew I was missing. I always wanted my "Ryan." It's like God knew I needed this little person who needed me too. It has been so hard to let him go.
No comments:
Post a Comment