Tuesday, May 20, 2008



Allow me to brag on my dear husband for just a moment. On Mother's Day he surprised me with a trip to Mandalay Bay in Vegas. It is also an anniversary gift. (9 years on June 5th.) We first went to Mandalay Bay about 5 years ago when I was in a wedding there. That was a great trip and I have always wanted to go back just the two of us. So, on Mother's Day morning he handed me a card the second I got up out of bed with our confirmation in it for a 3 night stay. I was overwhelmed.

Mandalay is not your ordinary Vegas resort. It is a 5 star, over-the-top, opulence dripping from every corner, dream escape. What you see in the picture is a man-made beach complete with waves and sand. We are going to be staying at TheHotel at Mandalay which is the smaller building on the left. It is a newer, upscale part of the resort. Needless to say, I am very excited! My sweet husband never fails to surprise and delight me. Thanks, JW!

(beach pictures coming in next post.)

3 comments:

Sara said...

Aww...what a sweetie! A much deserved vacation for the both of you after enduring law school.

Look forward to the beach pictures!

Holly Aytes said...

He scored lots of points for that one! I agree with Sara, a much deserved vacation. I hope y'all have a wonderful time.

April said...

Very wonderful! When are the dates for your trip? I do hope you have a wonderful time together. I, too, am looking forward to the beach pics that are upcoming! :)