Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Zucchini Muffins

After almost 3 weeks, we are glad to be back home and return to some kind of routine (however short-lived it may be!) The boys had gotten used to eating Pop Tarts and Captain Crunch for breakfast while on vacation and I knew I had to put a stop to it before I lost all control. So, I was very glad to find this recipe in the Tennessean while in Nashville. I had been making my Carrot Orange Muffins for breakfast most of time, but this gives me another muffin recipe to slip in once in a while. They are delicious. They boys LOVE them. Ryan ate 2 this morning. Be sure and grate your zucchini on the smallest hole of your grater.
If you make them, let me know what you think. Enjoy!

Zucchini Muffins

3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
3 teaspoons cinnamon
3 eggs, well beaten
11/2 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups finely grated raw zucchini
3 teaspoons real vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl. Combine the eggs, sugar, oil, zucchini and vanilla in a large bowl and mix well. Add the dry ingredients a little bit at a time, mixing until well blended. Pour into a well greased muffin pan. Bake for 25 minutes or until done. (test with a toothpick.)

1 comment:

Ellen said...

I lost your email again! Send me an email and I'll clarify my thoughts on "The Appeal".

Also, I can't wait to try these muffins! They sound so yummy. Glad you posted them!