Sunday, September 27, 2009

Fall Festival Recap

We survived last week. It rained everyday. It was Spirit Week (which meant each day had a "dress-up" theme.) I was late the day I was supposed to be lunchroom mom. I put our Silent Auction basket together and turned it in, finally. And Friday night was our Fall Festival. It got moved inside b/c of rain, but was still pretty fun.
As I write this on Sunday afternoon, it is a beautiful sunny day without a cloud in the sky. As much as we have complained about the rain (12 straight days,) we really should be thankful. Thankful that we have clean water to drink and water to nourish the ground that grows crops. I'm sure those with flooded homes do not feel that way. Or the residents of Tent City (Nashville's homeless area downtown under the bridge next to the river.) Yes, rain is a blessing, but can also be a curse at times.
All I know for sure is that I am very glad to see the sun today!


Little Brother had to have a Lipscomb Bears t-shirt to match Big Brother. It is a little big!


Our finished basket. The grand total worth was $260. One of the smallest amounts there!


Will eating cherry Italian Ice

Ryan copying Will (even though he didn't have Italian Ice!) For some reason, he looks about 16 to me in this picture. How did he get so big?




This is hilarious! We have a little stream that forms in our side yard after lots of rain. So, the boys thought it would be fun to ride down into the water. They were soaking wet, but it does look pretty fun!
Coming soon: Whole-wheat Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins. I made some this afternoon and the boys have each eaten two! Delicious and healthy!

No comments: