Monday, September 21, 2009

Random Rainy Day Ramblings

All apologies to my Aunt Emily, who is my most loyal reader! It has been quite a while since I have posted. Life is crazy. It has rained for a week straight here and it is making me quite crabby. I am sitting here drinking coffee having a rare quiet moment on this rainy Monday morning. I should be at the Y working out, or grocery shopping, or cleaning, or doing laundry, but instead I am just going to sit here and write.



An attempt to catch all 4 boys in their UT wear! I have never seen JW so happy after a UT loss as on Saturday after the FL game! We all got together at MeMe and John's for the game and grilled out steaks. The boys had a blast.

David and Will in some new pirate costumes from MeMe's new dress-up trunk!




Remember how Will knocked out his front tooth on the 4th of July? Well, it is still a huge gap. Bless his heart, he looks cute but I am beginning to wonder when that tooth is going to make an appearance.


Boys in their matching Halloween pajamas reading with Daddy before bed. They love Chicka Chicka Boom Boom!

Jenni, Stacey, Ami, me
I went out with some friends for a belated birthday dinner last night. We ate at Catina Laredo, a new Mexican place here in Nashville. It was delicious. They make fresh guacamole at the table. I am never wearing this shirt again because I just realized how huge I look!! (maybe I really am that fat, but please oh please, just let it be the blousy shirt!!!)



Will is now loving school. This past week he told me the only thing he didn't like about school is when they go to computers on Friday. (I think they work on keyboarding skills and he thinks that is boring.) He also told me this morning that he wished it would quit raining so they could go outside during recess. I'm with you there, Will!
This week is Spirit Week and we will wrap it up with the big Fall Festival and Silent Auction on Friday night. Hopefully my room mom duties will slow down for a while.
Ryan still looks at me like I am breaking his heart when I drop him off at school. But, he always says he has had fun when I pick him up in the afternoon. He's just a momma's boy and would rather spend the day with me. I guess that is okay.
I am still teaching the young 2 year olds on Sunday mornings at church. I taught them all summer session and will continue on this entire school year. My friend Ami (in the above picture) is my co-teacher. I have really grown attached to this group of precious children. (Much more so than I expected to when I was asked to teach!) I have gotten to know the families, the personalities, and I now feel quite protective of my "babies." I am going to stay with them until they promote. It has been quite the unexpected blessing. I love how God works in small ways through a group of 2-year old children.

4 comments:

Holly Aytes said...

I am still reading also! Been waiting for some pictures of those cute boys :) Why was JW happy after the UT loss? I bet you are a wonderful teacher. I understand getting attached...I am attached to my babies at preschool after only a few weeks :)

Gini said...

1. you do not look huge in that shirt...you look very cute.
2. that first picture cracked me up as i remember what it took to get THAT shot:)
3. LOVE the Halloween jammies:)

Gini said...

and PS- those babies LOVE you and Ami too and their parents are all sooo very thankful you are staying with them this year!!!!!

Ginger said...

Holly- because they were supposed to lose by over 30 points and they didn't!! They actually looked really good!
Gini- Thanks :)