Monday, October 26, 2009

Fall Break at the Beach

I must admit, I posted pictures on Facebook before my blog for the first time ever!! Never thought that would happen, poor blog.
We spent all last week in Hilton Head. It was wonderful. JohnWill took off work the entire week. He didn't work at all from the beach or anything. My parents joined us for the first time in 3 years and stayed in a condo just down the breezeway from ours. It was great being there with them.
The first two days were chilly, but the rest of the week was perfect beach weather. Highs in the 70s and 80s and sunny everyday.
I didn't really do anything except sit on the beach, read, sleep and eat seafood. It was perfect. A much needed vacation for all of us.

The boys did nothing but play on the beach, play putt-putt, work puzzles (the really difficult jigsaw kind) with my mom, and play Uno with John Will.

Thanks to my parents, JW and I got to go out to eat ALONE at our favorite restaurant on HHI, Red Fish, on Friday night. We sat out on the porch and enjoyed our last night there. (I must share what I had for dessert- Cream Cheese Apple Bread Pudding with homemade cinnamon ice cream. It was amazing.)
We came home Saturday in time to see the UT football game- booo! that was a hard loss!

And now we are back to life. It doesn't slow down. There is something everyday. I can never get caught up on the laundry. Ryan still only wants to eat peanut butter, bread and chocolate milk. I still need to lose 10 pounds. Beds are still unmade. Phones ring, dogs throw-up, ice makers don't work, and the carpet is still dirty. It is wonderful and God is good.

Ryan wanted to play football on the beach everyday


Will with his boogie board




Ryan had to be pulled on his boogie board. And he is heavy.





Will at the Pirate's Cove putt-putt coarse


The 4 of us playing putt-putt
In front of the condo



Will finally lost his other front tooth! And the Tooth Fairy found her way to Hilton Head!





4 comments:

Holly Aytes said...

How fun! Don't you just love fall break vacations...much less crowded! We had such a good time vacationing with both my parents and Matt's parents even though we didn't get to have a night out alone b/c we stayed so busy. We are headed to Amelia Island for a week at the end of May with my parents so I am hoping we get a night out then! The boys are getting so big! Caleb finally has his first loose tooth..I will have to tell him Will lost another one :)

Cindy said...

I enjoyed your post! Sounds like you had a really fantastic time. And then you get back to the real world...thanks for reminding me that it's wonderful, too, in it's own messy, mundane kind of way!

Sara said...

Your trip sounds wonderful! Good food, warm sun, & yummy food! All things I enjoy!!

Carrie, The Modern Housewife said...

looks like you guys had fun! what a cute family.