Saturday, April 24, 2010

My Week

Monday: Attended my sister-in-law's (Gini) new home inspection! Walked to the house from my house- yay! They are moving a few streets over from us. Greta went to the groomer's where she got razor burned under her neck, resulting in a week full of horrible-ness. She didn't eat for 4 days. (And she used the bathroom in the house. on the carpet. it still smells.)

Tuesday: Woke in the middle of the night to Ryan vomiting. Changed all bedding. Ryan vomited again. Changed all bedding again.

Wednesday: Took care of a sick Ryan. Made cookies.

Thursday: Shopped for supplies for my Ladies Brunch table. All day with Ryan in tow. Continued making cookies. Dropped mixer on my foot resulting in broken toe.

Friday: Dropped both boys off at school. Dropped Earth Day cookies off at Will's classroom. Worked at church decorating for Ladies Brunch. Picked both boys up at school. Will's baseball game. Met up with girls from my DLU sorority for dinner.


My table at the Ladies Brunch


The theme of the Brunch this year was "Seeds of Kindness." I guess my theme was more along the lines of "Sweetness."


The cookies for my table

Earth Day cookies for Will's class



The blue swirled background is supposed to look like the ocean.

*I am hoping for a calmer week this week. With less vomit, broken toes, sick schnauzers, and cookies.

4 comments:

Sara said...

Your week definitely sounds a little crazy! Sorry about your toe...ouch! Your cookies are adorable and I love your table. Tell me about that. Does everyone get to take something home from the table and are they all decorated differently?

Ginger said...

Hey Sara- Yes, all tables are decorated differently. It is so fun to see how all the tables turn out b/c we don't tell each other our themes. Many of the table hostess give out little favors, but not all.
Some churches in the area get much more elaborate with 3 or 4 people going in together on one table to split the cost. They also give out awards for best table, etc.. At Otter Creek, we haven't gotten that fancy yet- ha!! It is usually just 1 or 2 table hostess per table. We have a catered brunch and a speaker. It is one of the favorite events of the year!

Brigid said...

I read this the other day and didn't have a chance to comment. Holy Moly! Sorry about the toe and the vomit. I honestly don't know which is worse.

The cookies are adorable. ;)

Carrie, The Modern Housewife said...

cute cookies!

have i told you how glad i am that you are still blogging?