Tuesday, April 6, 2010

A Sampler

Will is on Spring Break, so today I spent a delightful day with both my boys. We went shopping at Opry Mills. We ate lunch and then Will and Ryan had dentist appointments.

Will is 6 1/2. Will is very smart. Will asks A LOT of questions. Most of the time I find this wonderful and I take great delight in having fairly deep conversations with my son. Sometimes, after say 4 straight hours, my brain gets tired. Driving home today, my brain actually hurt from the flood of questions coming from the backseat.

Now I give you a sampling of the questions I have heard today:

1. Why is an interstate called an "interstate?"

2. Why wasn't Eve supposed to eat that fruit off of that tree?

3. Why do we have to have a President?

4. Who invented the States?

5. Did Adam name the animals before or after Eve got there?

6. Why do we have to pay money to live in our house?

7. Do you think this chicken would be good covered in cinnamon?

4 comments:

Sara said...

Oh my...sounds very similar to my house. Laura talks a blue streak and is always asking me questions. I sometimes have to tell her to please stop talking or I will go bonkers! I feel your pain and I absolutely loved the last question!!!

Cindy said...

I find it funny that your "lovely" day with your boys included both shopping with them and taking them to the dentist! Ha ha! Shopping with my boys is anything but lovely. Although, we have had good fortune when we've been to the dentist, I must say! Enjoy your Spring Break!

Holly Aytes said...

Caleb too is full of questions! Sometimes they are simple to answer and sometimes my head hurts just trying to figure out what to say :) Glad you enjoyed your 1st day of Spring Break...hope the rest of the week is as enjoyable! BTW, Taylor and Caleb love going to the dentist...Madison hates it though!

Ginger said...

Y'all- this is only a small sample of the questions I have heard today. Not kidding- today takes the cake. I was finally like- "hey! let's listen to this new CD I made!" Just so he would stop.
Holly- my boys love going to the dentist too- go figure! they think it's a treat.
Cindy- Opry Mills is an exception. It's like a field trip. Trains, carosels, aquarium, etc.. And I let them pick out new pajamas, underwear, etc...