Wednesday, July 14, 2010

My Life: Boys and Food or Food and Boys

I have come to realize that my blog has two topics: my boys and food. Maybe I should rename it "Boys and Food." Ha! Oh well, shows where my priorities are, right?

Every morning this summer I have eaten the same breakfast: Greek vanilla yogurt and fresh berries, usually blueberries or raspberries. It's wonderful, cold, light, and fresh. I feel so healthy eating it. We have eaten pretty healthy this summer. Not much beef or any fast food due to my watching Food, Inc. a while ago. I've been making lots of different kinds of salads and feeling pretty good about our diet in general.

Then, I do things like buy a bag of pizza-flavored Combos and eat them with a Dr. Pepper (not even diet) for lunch. Or make huge chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwiches with Will and eat them at 9:00 p.m. while watching TV. I can be quite inconsistent in my health-conciousness. I can't figure it out.......it's like sometimes I must indulge my inner junk-foodie.

Well, now that I have just "outed" myself, I must go finish up the cookies I'm making for Will's birthday party on Friday. He will turn 7 tomorrow. Wow! It's hard to believe I am going to have a child that is 7. But, yet, that Monday night 7 years ago when I went to bed only to wake up and have my water break in the hallway seems like a lifetime ago.

Stay tuned.....there will be lots of pictures to follow.

2 comments:

Holly Aytes said...

I love your posts about all the yummy foods you are constantly making and I love seeing your boys! I am the same way with eating good most of the time and then eating bad! We have been making 2 trips a week to the grocery for fruit...the kids can't seem to get enough! Of course the kids end each day with a small bowl of ice cream. I figure they are burning enough calories w/ all the swimming, running and bike riding that it is ok :)

Sara said...

My kids just want to eat all the time. They are always hungry!I also love me some greek yogurt!