Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Will's Birthday Party

Will turned 7!! He wanted another backyard/water slide birthday party. Okay, easy enough....so we invited some friends over for a late Friday afternoon party. I think everyone had a great time and the rain held off just long enough for us to finish up our cake.
Will and friends at the water slide

Will on the water slide. This year we decided if we were going to rent a water slide every July, we might as well buy one. We found this on on "rollback" at Wal-Mart.com
Ryan and his snowcone
Will and friends
My attempt at decorating a plain Publix cake to look like a lego cake! Clearly, it isn't winning any awards.

Will loved the cake, so that's all that matters!
 
We had these fruit kabobs, grilled hot dogs, mini hamburgers "sliders," chips, snowcones, cake and ice cream.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

The Lego cake is a great idea...I'll keep that on reserve for my Will's next birthday. Glad it was a big success! Happy Birthday, Will!

Holly Aytes said...

I think the cake looks great! I really like the idea of a water party. That is a nice thing about summer birthdays, the pool/water is always a hit with kids. Happy Birthday Will!