Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Things I Love Lately

I wish I could say I was getting some kind of paid endorsement from these companies, but sadly, no.  I am just a big dork that is in love with these products. Therefore, I feel the need to share with you guys. So, here you go.


I don't know if any of you remember the chronic sinus infections I have had the past few years. Well, I do. After countless prescriptions and doctor visits it was discovered that I have a deviated septum on the left side. That explained everything. Now I use a daily prescription nose spray, simply saline, and I drink this tea every night. Yogi Cold Season. I call it my "miracle tea." It is wonderful.  It contains ginger, cinnamon, peppermint, eucalyptus, basil, and lemongrass. The combination of these herbs works together to promote respiratory health and clear sinuses. Not one sinus infection yet, (knock on wood.)




Miracle tea at night and this in the morning! Trader Joe's Gingerbread Coffee with Coffeemate Pumpkin Spice Creamer. Both of these products are limited edition for the Holidays, so I have to take full advantage while they are available. I really, really love this coffee. This combination makes the perfect cup of coffee. Makes a small Starbucks at $4.99 seem ridiculous.




My boys are notorious for getting dry, chapped lips in the winter. Not just chapped lips, I'm talking cracking, bleeding chapped all the way around the mouth -spreading -down- the -chin -chapped. Pitiful. I used to slather them up with vaseline until I found this. Neosporin lip health. The best lip product I have ever found. And, believe me, I have used them all. Ryan's mouth had been so bad and it healed it up in just a few days. Highly recommended.



I'm almost embarrased to admit how much I love my new iphone 4. I had the old-school flip phone until just recently. The iphone was my belated birthday gift. It's silly, really, how awesome this phone really is. It does everything. Takes fantastic clear pictures, email and internet is SUPER fast. Faster than my computer. And the apps are really ridiculous. There is one for everything you would ever want and plenty you never would. I have made fun of my friends who are iphone addicts, and I still do. But, seriously, this phone is awesome. I still refuse to pull it out during church. That is just tacky.


8 comments:

Brigid said...

Ha! I knew you would love the phone! I'm going to try the tea for Nick. Poor guy gets sinus infections all the time. Actually, I do too. Hmmm better get double. And the lips!? What is it with the lips? Maggie just had a red ring under her lip the other day that was so, so chapped. Where does it come from??

Holly Aytes said...

Thanks for the heads up on some great items! I don't do the flavored milks in my coffee but Matt loves them! Can't wait to try the Neosporin Lip Health....Caleb and Matt get the chapped lips pretty bad. Glad you are enjoying the iPhone...I know I would love one and be on it all the time. Not sure I can talk Matt into me getting one for that reason :) LOL

Unknown said...

Have you tried a neti pot? I swear by it. I agree about not using the iphone Bible app in church. John uses it, but I think it always looks like he is goofing off.

Ginger said...

Melissa- yes I have used the neti pot. I used it alot when I was pregnant and couldn't breathe.
I think the Bible app is okay, but I see people using their phone in church and it's not the Bible app. They're just playing around and that annoys me.

Gini said...

you better think the bible app is ok, lest i call your firstborn out:)

Ginger said...

Ahem- I got no prob with the Bible app..........it's the other gaming, emailing, texting, playing, etc.

heather said...

Ging, I love this post. Its like "Oprah's Favorite Things" Ginger-style. Nicely done, my friend. Got to try that creamer & coffee combo!

Ginger said...

Thanks Girl! That means alot.