Thursday, February 3, 2011

Happy Things

Will seems to have caught the "flu-like" virus that has been moving rapidly through our area. Almost half his class was absent one day this week. So, he has been home all week. Thus, I have been home all week.
Today is cold and grey and I thought we all needed a happy list.

1. Yellow patent high heel shoes. Ahh! So happy! So Spring-y! A dreamy thought on a day like today with a high of 32 degrees. (Unfortunately, these are not my shoes, I just found them on the internet.)

2. 8-pound bag of navel oranges from Trader Joes's. $4.99. I have been juicing them for Will. I also slice them and make the boys eat them with almost every meal. I also put them in their lunches, but who knows if they get eaten at school.


3. Jessica Seinfeld Brownie Recipe. I love making these brownies! They have 1 cup of pureed spinach and carrot!! My boys love them! I love watching Ryan (my picky eater) scarf them down!


4. My Under Armour Running Pants. http://www.underarmour.com/. These pants have been a life-saver on these cold days when I've been running. Unfornately, I do not look like this in the pants, but they still keep me warm. I'm thinking I need more than one pair!



5. American Idol. So happy. So happy it's back. Yes, I confess, I watch American Idol and I love it. I wasn't sure how much I would love it with the new judges, but so far it has been great! I actually love Steven Tyler even though he can be slightly crude. I just think he's cool. And surprisingly compassionate. I fell in love with American Idol the season of Adam Lambert and have watched it ever since. So, we'll see how this season goes.






3 comments:

Holly Aytes said...

So sorry Will has been sick :( We have been relatively lucky here in our house and for that I am so grateful since so many of our friends have had their homes invaded by different "bugs". Those shoes are great! Wish I had a pair...they look like summer which I am desperately needing! Hope Will gets to feeling better soon (and that nobody else gets it).

Sara said...

Been hope all week too with Laura--getting a little restless!! She is better though which makes me so happy.

I need to try the brownies-Grant will hardly touch a vegetable!!

Ginger said...

sara- if you do make the brownies, be sure to put them in the refrigerator and make sure they are very cold before you serve them. They will taste almost like fudge. If they are at all warm, you can taste the spinach. I also sprinkle mine with powdered sugar.