Sunday, July 24, 2011


Boys went to a soccer clinic everyday this past week. Their cousins went too and they all had a great time despite the brutal heat. Will enjoyed it and did surprisingly well even though this was the first time he had ever played soccer. He still insists that he does not want to be on a team this Fall.  Sometimes I can't figure him out for the life of me.


Afterwards they would go down and play in a creek that runs by the soccer fields. They thought this was the greatest thing they had ever done. It makes me feel like there are still some simple joys of summer left in our world. They would get sticks and rocks and dig around for stuff that only boys can find.


I am surviving the heat, however it does make me grouchy. I haven't been able to run much this summer which is adding to my sluggish/grouchy feeling. Boys go to swim lessons next week and then we will have 2 weeks left  before school starts. I am sad for myself, yet excited for them.

No comments: