Monday, July 4, 2011

Homemade Marshmallows!

The boys and I have gone with some friends to a new local Farmers Market here in town. It is held every Tuesday afternoon and we have gone 3 times now. We love it. It is near a big playground and pavilion with picnic tables. We have enjoyed visiting the different vendors and trying the free samples. Our favorite food truck, the Grilled Cheeserie, is always there so we have enjoyed an early dinner too.
The marshmallow truck from the Bang Candy company has been there too, so of course we had to try the ridiculously over-priced marshmallows. And we just did not think it was worth $5 for 4 tiny marshmallows.
So, we made our own following this recipe.

They were wonderful! So soft and melt-in-your-mouth delicious. Much better than store-bought and better than the ones from the over-priced gourmet marshmallow truck. We dipped some in dark chocolate, but I didn't get a good picture of those. They were very easy to make too. The hardest part was cutting them into sqaures.

I also bought some kale and made some kale chips. Not quite as successful (or popular) as the marshmallows, however.







2 comments:

Cindy said...

Yum! I just might have to try that...if I don't have a baby soon! ;)

Carrie, The Modern Housewife said...

I would pay you to make me those. no kidding. are they really easy? they do NOT look easy.