Friday, June 13, 2008

Boys Camping Trip

JW and his Dad took the boys camping yesterday. It was some great male bonding time so I agreed to stay at home. If you know me, you know I am not a camper. I have given it a try a few times and have decided at the age of 32 that I don't have to give it a try anymore!
It was a good Fathers Day trip for the four of them and they had a great time.
What did I do with almost 24 hours of alone time? Well, it was really exciting, let me tell you. I should have stayed home and cleaned and packed, but I didn't. I ran a few errands yesterday afternoon, then came home and finished up the last 4 pages in Ryan's 1st year scrapbook. (yes, I know he has turned 2, but I'm behind.) This morning I had a hair appt. Nothing much exciting. I didn't like being at home alone last night. The house was too quiet. I had 2 t.v.'s going just for noise. At least Greta was with me. As good as alone time sounds, I prefer the noise and activity of my boys! I'm glad they are home safe with me now!


Getting ready to leave (notice Ryan's cute camping vest from John)

Eating supper at the campsite

There was even a playground on the way home from the campsite

The tent where Will, Ryan, and JW slept. He said they slept amazingly well!

Hiking in the morning

3 comments:

Cindy said...

What fun they must have had! We'd love to take our boys camping, but we don't have much know-how! We'll just have to suck it up and do it anyway. (My biggest qualm is the bugs!)

Holly Aytes said...

Ours love to go camping. Caleb and Matt go in the fall with Aaron and his family on a boys only trip. They always have a blast. I love to camp too. I am not a big fan of the bugs so our campsite always has lots of cintrenella candles around it. Looks like they had a blast! I know what you mean about being home alone....it is good for awhile then I want everyone home especially at bedtime b/c I want those hugs and kisses :)

Sara said...

It looks like that had so much fun during their manly camping trip.

It sounds like you were quite industrious with your along time. Time alone can be refreshing....if it's not for too long. :)