Thursday, August 14, 2008

School

Wow! This has been a big week. Kindergarten just kind of happened. Very fast. I was thinking I had all this time left to do things with Will this summer and the next thing I know I am bawling in the parking lot of Office Max after buying school supplies. I worried about Will adjusting to going to a new school everyday, not knowing anyone, etc... Wasted worry- I should have known Will would be fine. He has always been fine. So easy-going, loves school, loves life in general, basically. What a great way to be, you know? He just kind of skips and sings through life.

We went for Ryan's Snoopy Day today. "Snoopy Day" is what Otter Creek calls their open house. The kids get to meet their teacher, check out their room and just kind of "snoop" around the school. It is lots of fun and just last an hour. While the kids are snooping around, the parents meet for the general info meeting, fill out forms, etc.. Ryan is going to school on Tuesday/Thursday and we had really been talking up school, Snoopy Day, Otter Creek, etc.. Well, he was excited until it was time to go in his room. Then, not so much. He ended up being fine, it just takes Ryan longer to decide he will be fine. He has a very loving teacher who has been teaching the 2 year olds for a very, very long time. Think of Miss Eva as like the godmother of Otter Creek.
I feel so good about this year of school for both boys. We are so blessed that they are both at Otter Creek and they will both be surrounded by great teachers. These women have a
passionate love for children, but above that, they have a passionate love for the Lord.
Ready to go to school this morning
Will at his Snoopy Day
Ryan at his Snoopy Day- thinking about going inside the room

Will walking up the steps to his classroom this morning with Miss Pat



This afternoon, coming down the steps to the car. Every child gets a blue bag with their name monogrammed on the bag- Cute huh!

10 comments:

Sara said...

These are terrific pictures! I'm glad that the boys like their teachers. Snoopy Day....what a cool idea!

Sounds like you guys are really doing great in Brentwood. I enjoy reading your blog updates. Even though you are missed in Knoxville, it's great to be able to keep up with you on here.

Gini said...

ok- BIG tears when I saw that picture of Will walking up the stairs! How is it possible?

Cindy said...

Sounds like a great first day! I just love getting a picture of them walking into school from behind. I'm sure Will and Ryan will have a great year! (I cried about school supplies, too...I was in the shower and all I was doing was thinking about them...hadn't even bought them yet! LOL!)

Ginger said...

Cindy- thank you for understanding about the school supplies! I was looking for these plastic folders (on the supply list) that Target didn't have- so I had to make a special trip to Office Max and I just lost it. Those stupid plastic folders set me over the edge!!!

Holly Aytes said...

You aren't the only one bawlingover things. I cried the whole way home when I took Caleb today. He was fine...I wasn't! Are the boys going to private school..since they are at the same place I was wondering?

Ginger said...

Holly- yes they are going to the school that is affliated with our church, Otter Creek Church of Christ. It only goes through Kindergarten and reminds me of Cedar Springs. I really wish it went past Kindergaten, but next year Will will go the public school in our neighborhood. It is a really great elementary school- the whole reason we bought our house.
I'm glad Caleb did well this morning. Makes it easier on Mommy when they are happy to go, doesnt it??

April said...

Oh, Ginger. I just loved reading all about Will & Ryan's first day at school. The "snooping" is a very cute idea. Your pictures are just wonderful. You really captured the moment! I cannot imagine how it will feel next year to watch as Mackenzie starts Kindergarten...I'm sure there will be many tears on my part, not on hers! She is like Will--loves school. :) Hope the year continues to be a wonderful one for both boys.

Jenny said...

Ging-How great Will & Ryan are at the same school. I cried and cried and cried when Easton started kindergarten. That 1st day seemed to last forever -3:15pm could not come fast enough. Your boys are going to do great and you will all have so much fun this school year! I say volunteer with their school anyway you can -it will be worth it!!
Call you this weekend -Jenny

Sara said...

Glad both the boys did well on their first day of school. It must feel great to have them both at the same school!! They are cute brothers!

Heather B Mc said...

they are total heartbreakers!!!! Kindergarten, so scary for you. Love the office max tears. Not being mean, you just make me laugh.