Thursday, December 4, 2008

Lack of Blogging

Between my computer monitor dying and the fact that I got the dreaded stomach virus over the weekend, I haven't been able to spend much time at the computer. I am currently looking at an ancient monitor that JW dug out of his parents basement. It kind of hurts my head if I stare at it too long. We are hoping this is just a monitor problem and doesn't mean the entire computer is about to die, but it is prompting me to back up all my pictures quickly!
Having the stomach virus over the weekend really set me back in my all my Holiday shopping and decorating. Kind of put things in perspective for me. So much focus is put on the buying, spending, and checking people off lists. I just don't like it and it has made me scrooge-y lately. Everyday I get a note home in one of the boys folders for something I need to give money to or buy a gift for. (excuse the dangling prepositions.) I'm tired of it.
The boys love Christmas. Their excitement is so innocent and pure. I remember feeling that way when I was little and it is magical. I just want to stay home and bake cookies with my kids.
Anyone else feel this way?

2 comments:

April said...

Amen to the excitement part! Our kids are the same way. You're right; it is magical! Enjoy baking cookies. ;)

Cindy said...

I know what you mean...I'm having to make myself do the needed Christmas stuff...mainly because I can't believe it's time again already! Seriously..where has this year gone? I'm getting more into it day by day,though. Hope your days are merry, too!