Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thanksgiving

Every year the Kindergarten at Will's school puts on a Thanksgiving program and lunch. This event goes back many years, in fact, JW and Aunt Gini both participated in the same program when they were in Kindergarten. There is much to be said about tradition and taking comfort in the fact that some things don't change. Maybe that is why we like to eat the same foods every year on Thanksgiving. I take great comfort in knowing that my Nana's dressing is going to taste the same way it has tasted for all of my 33 years. (Here is where I feel sorry for people who aren't from the South because they don't know about things like dressing, chess pie, and deviled eggs. But, that is a whole other post.) Food and family are comforting and I am thankful that some things don't change.


Enjoy these pictures from today-





My flash was not cooperating, so the pictures of the program didn't turn out- but you get the idea



1 little, 2 little, 3 little Indians

(Marshall, Will, Bailey)


Will, aka Golden Tiger (they all had Indian names)

Here we are eating the delicious Thanksgiving feast all the teachers prepared



Golden Tiger and Singing Daisy

(I couldn't leave this one out. Karly is the love of Will's life. Isn't she adorable?)

6 comments:

April said...

How neat! I think the pictures are very cute. :)

Cindy said...

I am so jealous! I have always wanted to be a part of one of those kindergarten Thanksgiving feasts...either as a teacher or as a parent...hasn't happened yet. I do vaguely recall dressing up as the only Native American girl in my own kindergarten class...all the other girls were Pilgrims, including the real Native American girl!!

Will is just adorable...so cute! Happy Thanksgiving!

Ginger said...

You go, Cindy!! Karly was one of 2 little girls bold enough to be a little indian girl- the rest of them were pilgrim girls. Makes me love her even more :)

(I apologize for our blatant political incorrectness, but apparently at this Kindergarten we still refer to them as "indians," not Native Americans.)

Gini said...

PRECIOUS!!! Golden Tiger is the CUTEST little indian I have ever seen!

Sara said...

The Thanksgiving program looked awesome! I'm sure it made for a great learning experience for the kids.

Unknown said...

Hey Ginger!! Happy late Thanksgiving, I hope you and your family had a wonderful time! The pictures are great! I so agree with you about your food comment, I just told a new friend of mine about chess pie on Turkey Day- she had never heard of it!! She has spent her whole life picking pecans out of pecan pie because she only liked the center- how life altering will this tidbit of info be??? I know they're not quite the same, but still, I believe her life will be forever changed! HA! Love ya~