Monday, November 3, 2008

Vote!



The record number of early voters is astounding! People waiting in 3 and 4 hour lines and it's not even Election Day yet! I voted last Tuesday and my wait was about 15 minutes. JW says he is waiting until tomorrow to vote so he can be a part of all the hoop-la! Only JW.....

I do not enjoy politics. I do not like to get into political discussions with my friends or family. I'd rather discuss religion any day. I don't care who you vote for, I just think we should all exercise our right to vote.

Have you voted yet?

4 comments:

Gini said...

not only JW- he learned that from me. I only early vote in a primary. You never know what can happen!!!!!!

Cindy said...

I voted early last week, too. That was my first time, because I too, enjoy the excitement of Election Day itself. However, having voted in the last presidential election and waiting an hour and half was long enough...Will was at home with Michael at the time. This year I knew I'd have to bring BOTH boys with me, and the wait is sure to be much longer than in '04 I predict. My ten minutes with Will at the polls last week was well worth it!

Sara said...

JJ and I voted two Saturdays ago. We were amazed that we were able to walk right in and go directly to the poll. I think it took a total of ten minutes for the entire process....pretty awesome! I think voting is so important. There aren't many opportunities to make your voice heard when it comes to decision making in our country. It always feels good to fulfill my responsibility as a US citizen and vote.

April said...

Oh, yes, I voted early! I think my 45 minute total in and out was well worth it. I'm figuring the lines tomorrow will be crazy long. I definitely think this election is a bigger deal than most elections in the past...meaning the outcome, either outcome, could have an unprecidented effect on our country. Funny thing is, I care more about the direction of our nation since I'm a mom. I guess I think and wonder what our country will be like when our kids are grown....scary thought, sometimes. Yep, I vote.