Friday, November 21, 2008

Twilight Tonight- Review


UPDATE: Since I know you are all breathlessly awaiting my review, I won't make you wait any longer- ha! The experience last night was crazy! Even though we had tickets to the 7pm show, the line was still almost out the door. Women had been there since 5 pm to get into the theater. There were showings every 15 minutes and it was very confusing as to what line to stand in, so we just kind of marched up to the front around 6:45 and stood there until they opened the ropes to our theater. Then people ran! I kid you not, ran! We ended up getting great seats. I tried to take pictures, but it was just too dark.
As soon as the movie came on, the screaming started! I was worried it would get annoying, but it was funny. I was so glad I went last night with all the hype and hysteria- I loved it!

So, to the movie: It stayed amazingly true to the book! I was so proud of the integrity of the script writers. But, the low budget was obvious. Some of the special effects came across as cheesy. Yes, Melanie, Dr. Cullen's makeup was nasty!! But, I thought Edwards hair was amazing, not distracting. I loved Edward! I thought Robert Pattinson was a great Edward. I was very worried he would not live up to my ideal Edward, but he did a great job of being the sexy, brooding, self-depricating vampire. I am hoping because of the success of Twilight, that the other movies will be filmed with a higher budget. I have heard that New Moon is already in the works- yay!
My last thought- I recommend reading the book before seeing the movie. I might have been confused as to "what is the big deal?" if I had not previously read the book.

Now I am off to the Kelly's Kids Warehouse Sale- nothing over $14.99- YAY! Then home to get out Christmas decorations! What a great weekend!



Twilight is officially at theaters. There was a midnight showing here last night, but I'm just not as young as I used to be.........I digress.

I am going tonight to the 7 pm showing that has been sold out for weeks. I was smart and bought my ticket weeks ago on Fandango.

No, it has not received good reviews so far. Book adaptations are never as good as the book so I don't have high hopes. Also, Twilight was made on a ridiculously low budget with no name actors. They aren't no names anymore, though. Robert Pattinson is now being called the new Johnny Depp. (We'll see about that.......)

JW can make fun of me and all my Twilight hype, but I will be there tonight-proudly wearing my "Edward" shirt.

7 comments:

Cindy said...

Can't wait to hear your review. Kind of a creepy movie poster, eh?

Ginger said...

Oh, but such a good creepy, Cindy!!

Sara said...

I'll be interested to hear if you like it. The previews seemed kinda scary!! I don't like scary at all!!

Melanie said...

I went today at 4:00. I liked the movie but there were obvious signs of the low budget. Dr. Cullen's make-up! Yuck! And the hair on Edward and Jasper was very distracting! I did think Bella did good job. She was also in Into the Wild for a small part. I was a little disappointed, but like I said- I still liked the movie. Most of the story wasn't diferent than the book, which I liked. Look forward to reading your review. I am too tired to give it true review!

Sara said...

Is it scary?

Gini said...

girl- now you gotta blog about the Kellys Kids NIGHTMARE that was way scarier than any Twilight movie:)

Ginger said...

No, Sara, not scary. Just a love story.
Yes, Gini, the Kellys Kids sale was horrible.
Let's just say security was involved regarding 6 women who camped out there last night and ruined it for everyone else. CRAZINESS!!!!!!