Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Blog Apathy

I have realized that I am having blog apathy lately.

I could write about the latest book I've read, The Color of Water, which was amazing. Or the book I am currently reading, The Mermaid Chair by Sue Monk Kidd (author of the Secret Life of Bees.) Both great books, but I'm not feeling it.

I could write about Ann Curry's Dateline interview last night with the infamous Octuplets mother. But, I don't feel like bad-mouthing a woman that just gave birth to 8 babies regardless of the fact that she is un-wed, has 6 other children and living off of disability checks and food stamps.

I could write about the devastating blow my family felt this week. My Dad's cousin, David Ryan, was killed in a freakish house fire leaving a wife and 3 teenage kids. My Dad was extremely close to David. I haven't been able to stop thinking about it yet. David was larger than life and nothing about this seems real. My Dad always has a way of putting everything into beautiful perspective. He wrote about his feelings in a touching tribute to David on his blog. So, I'll let my Dad do the writing on this one. Please read it.

My friend Jenni and I are in charge of our boys kindergarten Valentine party on Friday. Maybe I'll have some cute pictures to share in a more uplifting post next time.

5 comments:

Cindy said...

Ginger, I'm so sorry to hear about the death of your dad's cousin. What a terrible blow to the whole family!

Holly Aytes said...

Don't feel bad, I haven't felt like blogging lately either (plus we haven't been up to much lately). We got some great shots of the kids this weekend in Nashville so I am hoping to do that soon. I am sorry to hear about your Uncle :( You and your family are in my prayers. I miss seeing you and the boys!

Sara said...

I read your dad's tribute on your Uncle. That is very sad. I'm really sorry about that. I'll lift up a prayer for your entire family.

Jenny said...

Ging -I'm so sorry about your Dad's cousin! I will say a pray for your whole family.

You have not felt like blogging lately b/c you a a FB junkie. :)

Love you !!! Jenny

Ginger said...

Miss Carico- you update your blog like once a year!!