Monday, February 2, 2009

Update

I haven't blogged in a while. Don't know if it is because I've been too busy, or just not had anything worth blogging about!
So, here's an update for what it's worth:

Will
Will continues to love school with an intense joy. One of the aides in his building told his Meme that she has never seen a child love school as much as Will. You have no idea how happy this makes me. His reading and math skills continue to grow, but he got into the car on Friday very excited about how they learned to make paper airplanes! My house is filled with paper scraps made into airplanes. I am having to hide the "good" paper!

Ryan
Ryan continues to make me laugh constantly. He is still devoted in his love for football and superman. However, he has recently asked to watch hockey and bull riding on ESPN. We honestly have no idea where he gets this stuff! This is what makes Ryan, well, "Ryan." He doesn't have the intense love for school like Will, and I forever feel like I am slacking in teaching him at home like I did with Will. Thus the plight of the second child.

John Will
JW has been extremely busy this past month. He has had some very big projects at work (that he will not disclose anything to me about at home.) He has also started a mandatory trial practice class once a week at work. We are extremely grateful that he is busy at work. We do not dare complain about the long hours. We are happy he is needed and wanted at a job where he gets to work on interesting projects with top-notch people. And he still manages to play basketball every Thursday morning at 6am with some guys from church.

Ginger
Mom and I painted the foyer this past month and did a pretty good job.
I hosted a small baby shower for my friend Stacey.
I spend much of my time trying to cook healthy food and worrying that Ryan is on an eating strike.
I am fighting a losing battle trying to keep a clean house.
I am anxiously awaiting the births of two of my best friends babies.
I am getting ready for 3 consignment sales.
I am still loving my book club and read every night. (but, I have also discovered American Idol.)
I am hoping I am on the tail-end of my sinus/ear infections. (I have an appt. in the morning with an ENT.)
I actively try to avoid the Brentwood Police since I have gotten 2 tickets in the past couple of months. (Neither of which were my fault!) I now think they are watching me.

Greta
I can't forget about my Gretagirl. She continues to be a free-range schnauzer. She continues to eat UGO's (unidentified ground objects) and come inside and throw-up (sometimes on my bed!)She desperately needs a haircut. She has horrible breath. She will be 8 in April. She continues to be a thorn in my side. For some reason, I love her anyway!

5 comments:

Cindy said...

Ginger, that was a really enjoyable update! Will and Ryan sound so much like my Will and Sam! Hilarious! Glad you're enjoying AI...it'll get much better this week, now that the real competition begins! Enjoy!

April said...

I, too, enjoyed reading your update! And seems I missed the previous post of you and Ryan. That is too cute. I love your baby picture, and Ryan is precious. Yes, there is strong resemblance there. :)

Holly Aytes said...

I have missed you blogging lately so am glad you are back! Bullriding...that is too funny :) As for what you have been up too, you have been one busy woman! I am glad JW is enjoying his job, that is a blessing since so many people are having to work jobs that they don't really like in order to have a job (hoping that is going to change in the near future).

Sara said...

I don't always get a chance to respond to your blog posts, but I always enjoy reading them and keeping up with your precious family. I'm glad that everything is going so well in Brentwood. I think about you guys every time I'm in the area.

Carrie, The Modern Housewife said...

you've got a lot going on! so sorry about your dad's cousin. i can't even begin to imagine...