Sunday, May 31, 2009

And So We Have Summer and Brothers

All for one and one for all
My brother and my friend
What fun we have
The time we share
Brothers 'til the end.
~Author Unknown

We officially kicked off Summer last week with a trip to the beach. We left immediately after Will's Kindergarten Graduation and spent a fun week in Hilton Head with our family. 4 boys: ages 5, 4, 3, and 2. Needless to say, we were busy. They all had a blast playing together and got along remarkably well.

I love the above quote. It reminded me of my boys and their relationship. I don't think I heard them say a cross word to each other the entire week. They were even perfect in the car for 8 hours. Their love for each other continues to grow and they do not want to be apart. Will can hardly stand for Ryan to take a nap, and continually asks me "when is Ryan going to wake up?" Sometimes the first thing out of Ryan's mouth in the morning is "where is Will?" They shared a room at our condo at the beach and they loved sleeping side by side in the little twin beds. They are extremely protective of each other and Will can't stand for Ryan to cry, this is why he gives in to Ryan on everything (even when he shouldn't!) It is a joy for me to watch this brotherly relationship grow. I can't think of anything more precious. Their age difference is perfect and I am continually grateful to our good Lord for giving Ryan to us at exactly the right time.

I have many more pictures from the beach, but this is all I'm taking the time to upload right now!
Stay tuned for an update on the Sky Fort!


the boogie boards were a HUGE hit this year


3 comments:

April said...

Precious! I'm glad you all had a wonderful time. I love the brotherly love that Ryan and Will have for each other.

Holly Aytes said...

Love your sweet little (and not so little) boys! Glad y'all had a good time at the beach. We are looking forward to making a trip sometime during the summer to the beach. Not sure when yet and it might just be me, the kids and my MIL :)

Cindy said...

Don't you just hope that brotherly love will last forever? I often wonder if it will at our house! It comes and goes (comes more often than goes, thank goodness!) Will and Sam have shared a room for the last 3 years and won't have it any other way...they detest the thought of having their own rooms! Next step...bunk beds. Glad y'all had fun!