Friday, June 5, 2009

10 Years!

John Will and I were married 10 years ago today at 12:00 noon in a little old chapel here in Nashville. It was a hot, sunny day and the entire affair was pretty close to a fairy-tale perfect wedding (thanks to my wonderful parents.)

This may be my favorite picture from the day. It was taken after we had already changed from our wedding clothes into our "going away" clothes. We are looking out the window of the limo that was taking us to the airport. We were both giddy with excitement. We were headed to Caneel Bay, St. John USVI for our honeymoon.

JW and I started dating in April, were engaged in August, and married in June. Drives home the point that when you meet the right person, you just know. The past 10 years have been fun and exciting, filled with lots of changes and joys. Will and Ryan have brought more joy than I could've ever dreamed of 10 years ago. I look forward to many more decades spent with the guy that continually awes me and makes me laugh.

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Happy Anniversary!! I remember that day...it was perfect!! Have you already gone to Coldplay?? Love you guys! (I bet you are surprised to see me on here huh!)

Cindy said...

Happy Anniversary to you both! That's a great picture...you haven't aged a bit!!! Have fun celebrating!

Ginger said...

Hey Jenny!! Yes- I am very surprised to see you on here! We are going to Coldplay tomorrow night- I am so excited :) Love you too :)

Sara said...

Happy Anniversary! What did you think of the show? I thought it was incredible. So glad I had the opportunity to go. What a fun way to celebrate your anniversary!

Ginger said...

Sara- I was totally blown away! Incredible!! It was the best live music show I have ever seen. Even JW was impressed and he is extremely hard to impress! He said it was the 3rd best he has ever seen--behind #1 Rolling Stones and #2 Pearl Jam. I think I stood still the entire 3 hours with my mouth gaping wide open. I just can't say enough how amazing it was. Our seat were incredible, so that helped too. It was worth every penny we spent. Glad you guys had fun too. It would've been fun to see you guys.