Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Perfect View

The boys were able to play on the Sky Fort today! The only thing lacking is the slide. JW had to go get the right bolts. (one of the many pieces of equipment missing from the box.) They were so happy to be able to swing out there today.
I was so happy to stand at my kitchen sink and watch them out the window. I have the best view out of the window above my sink. Even though my kitchen is small, has white plastic countertops and ugly brown linoleum flooring; it has a great sky light in the ceiling with awesome lighting and tons of windows. I love my kitchen even though it has a hole in the wall where the built-in microwave used to be in 1979. But, none of that stuff matters. The food I cook in that kitchen taste just as good as food I could cook in a big fancy kitchen filled with Viking appliances, granite countertops, and hardwood bamboo flooring. As I was watching them out that window this afternoon- swinging, talking, and laughing together- I wished I could bottle them up right now. Today, June 16th, 2009. Ages 3 and almost 6. Soon enough, they won't care about the Sky Fort or how many hours JW worked on it. The Sky Fort will just sit in the backyard and rot. But, for now, for today, this sunny afternoon- the view outside my imperfect kitchen window was totally perfect.

5 comments:

Holly Aytes said...

Way to go JW! The Sky Fort looks awesome...my 3 would love it :) We have a big window in the kitchen so I can see the kids while cooking and it is so nice. Hope the next house has one too.

Gini said...

girl- are you trying to make me cry???? precious!! we can't wait to check it out!

Cindy said...

That looks so fun! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!!

Sara said...

I also love having big windows in my kitchen where I can look outside in the backyard! The Sky Fort looks very very fun! I'm sure many hours of play will be had out there!

April said...

Alright, Ginger. You expressed so well many of my current feelings about bottling the kids up and how quickly it all goes. I have felt that SO much, but even MORE so this summer while staring Kindergarten in the face. It just goes too fast. :(

I love the sky fort! Looks like those two precious boys love it, too. Hooray for fun time! Treasure them.