Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Recent Read

I read this book while at the beach last week. The Ten Year Nap
by Meg Wolitzer. This is the first book I have read by this author, but I now want to read some of her other books. It was a funny, honest, and highly perceptive look at motherhood.
I am going to quote from the back cover of the book : "A ferverishly smart novel and about female ambition, motherhood, and marriage- and four friends who confront the choices they've made." I can't sum it up any better than that description. I could not identify with some of the situations because it is set in Manhatten, which is so different from my Southern suburban life. And, for some reason, I was left feeling like I should have read this book at age 43 instead of age 33. Maybe I will have to dig it out in another 10 years. I do highly recommend it to anyone of the female race, regardless of age.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

I always enjoy your book reviews, Ginger...you have such a smart way of summing it up. I'll have to check this out...is it a new one or might I find at the library?

Ginger said...

Cindy- I bought it at the barnes and noble on Hilton Head b/c I really needed a book for the week. So, I think it is pretty new. You might want to check the library anyway, my library gets new releases almost as soon as the book stores.