Tuesday, August 4, 2009

What Have We Been Up To?

What have we been up to? I know you have all been wondering....all 2 of you who still read my blog, anyway. Well, not much blogging. But, we have been pretty busy.


The boys finished up their 2nd week of swimming lessons today. I finally remembered my camera for the last day. I'm glad we decided to do 2 weeks because I have seen a lot of improvement this 2nd week.



Notice the large hole in Will's mouth. One of his 2 front teeth was knocked out when he fell going up the deck stairs at his Meme and John's house. This was quite traumatic for a few minutes, because the mouth bleeds quite profusely. When he stood up from falling down, all I saw was blood. But, then he held out his hand to me and he had actually caught the tooth in his hand!! Thank goodness it was a baby tooth, but I have a feeling that gap is going to be there a while. (I think he looks adorable, personally. ) His bottom lip was busted a little bit, but he recovered in about 5 minutes, and continued on playing the rest of the night. Poor thing woke up with a stomach virus the next morning.....bless his heart, that was a rough weekend.


We went to the Ryan Family Reunion (my family) a couple weekends ago at the Montgomery Bell State Park. I forgot and left my camera at home, so unfortunately I have no pictures from that weekend. It's too bad, really, because it was a beautiful place. The boys had a great time. We had not been to a Ryan Reunion since before Ryan was born, so it was fun to see family we had not seen in over 3 years. And we met some family members for the first time! I am very old-fashioned in many ways and I just love family reunions. Looking at all the old pictures and hearing old stories is just wonderful! It is sad in other ways, because we are reminded of other beloved family members that have passed.
But, the boys got to paddle boat on the lake, or I mean, JW paddled us around! And we hiked around a bit, ate lots of lodge buffet food and the boys slept in the same bed for the first time ever! That was really cute.

Ryan - head down and everything!
Will- actually swimming without help! I was very proud of him today!
Will swimming

Will and Ryan with Ms. Nancy. We LOVE Ms. Nancy! She was so sweet to the boys, yet firm too. The perfect balance the boys needed. The other thing that helped us greatly was having the semi-private lesson. We will miss seeing her until next summer.




Now, we just have a couple of weeks left before school gets started in full swing. We (Mommy) are anxious to get back on a school schedule. Doing something different every week has taken its toll on Will, who functions better on a schedule. Ryan just kind of goes with the flow. Hopefully my patience can hold up these last few weeks because the summer is feeling reeeeeaaaallllly long to me right about now!!

2 comments:

Holly Aytes said...

I still read your blog and have been wondering what you guys have been up to. We too took 2 weeks of swim lessons and he 2nd week made all the difference. The oldest 2's lessons were group but Madison's have been private lessons. I too love family reunions though I haven't been to the one of my side in many years, they always have it on the mine and Matt's anniversary. Plus it is 6 hrs away, maybe one day soon though. I too am looking forward to school starting back and getting into a routine again :)

April said...

I love the picture of Ryan and Will hugging with their heads together. They are so cute, Ginger! I enjoyed your update. Though attending family reunions is not practical for us due to distance, I am very interested in completing a family tree that goes back to other countries. I find it fascinating, too! Glad you had a wonderful visit with relatives.