Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Biltmore Getaway

We just spent a wonderful couple of days at the Biltmore Estate. We stayed at the Inn at the Biltmore. They provide a shuttle to take you anywhere over the 8,000 acre estate. It was great! We drove over to the Grove Park Inn one night and ate dinner at their fabulous Terrace restaurant. The weather was beautiful and all the food was divine. Now I want to go back at Christmas when the entire estate is decorated for the holidays.
Special thanks to Nonnie and BB for keeping our boys!
Dinner at the Bistro at the Winery
The Estate
Sunset from the Terrace at the Grove Park Inn
The Gatehouse

10 comments:

April said...

It sounds like so much fun, Ginger. We have never been to the Biltmore, though we have been to Ashville. I'm glad you enjoyed your getaway. I look forward to seeing the pics on your blog...for some reason they are not showing up on my computer right now...I'll check back tomorrow!

Holly Aytes said...

You should also go in the spring, the gardens are beautiful! Many great picture opts especially if you include 2 cute little boys!!! :)

James E. Miller said...

Did you know Asheville was voted the best place to live in 2007?

Just your random fact for today...

Ginger said...

Not surprising. JW and I actually discussed how it seemed like such a beautiful, livable city as we were driving (slightly lost) to the Grove Park.

April said...

Ok, I can see the pics now! They are very good. And, looks like I wrote Ashville instead of Asheville in my first comment...oh, well. :)

Sara said...

Very fun! Glad you and JW had some time together. I thoroughly enjoyed when Jim and I went to Asheville and the Biltmore a couple years ago. I'd LOVE to try out the Grove Park Inn. It looks nice.

Cindy said...

Were you celebrating an anniversary? We celebrated our 10th there at Christmastime '06. It was so neat. We also stopped at the Grove Park Inn...they had the national gingerbread contest there and all the houses were on display.

James E. Miller said...

For whatever reason, that link to the story about Asheville's being voted the best place to live in 2007 isn't working.

Try this.

Ginger said...

Cindy- I have seen that on the Food Network. I would really love to go during Christmas. I have a HUGE thing for gingerbread houses--I collect gingerbread stuff.

Jim- you're right- I couldn't read it the first time. Very interesting article.

April said...

I love the addition of the sun on your blog page!