Thursday, March 26, 2009

Big Boy Bed


Ryan loves his "big boy" bed. He IS almost three, so I guess it's about time! I am not getting emotional about this, I promise! He is being so funny about it- he is convinced the tooth fairy is going to visit him in the middle of night when he sleeps in this bed. Hysterical, I tell you! I have tried to explain that, no, the tooth fairy only came because Will actually LOST A TOOTH! It's not sinking in...
I hope the next time I see that white sleigh crib is in about 25 years when we drag it down for a grandbaby (which had better be a girl!)

4 comments:

April said...

I love, love, love this picture of Ryan! He looks so happy and excited about his big boy bed. I actually did a double take...I thought it was a picture of Will! I love how much alike your two boys look, Ginger. They really are cuties!

I'm impressed that you were able to keep Ryan in a crib for so long! Josiah moved out about a year ago; he was 21 months old. Crazy climbing boy was balanced precariously (sp?) on the railing of his crib one day. Scared me to death! That is the day his crib came down. I wasn't ready, but we had to keep him safe. Sigh.

I love his new bed! And the tooth fairy thing is cute. Their little brains amaze me, and I love to hear their thoughts!!!

Holly Aytes said...

Putting the crib up was sad :( I was glad in some ways but it meant she wasn't a baby and that made me sad. Madison was 3 when we took her out. She got rid of her paci at the same time :( Madison has started telling people she has a loose tooth and the tooth fairy is bringing her $ :) She wants to do whatever the older 2 do!

Cindy said...

Ryan does look just like Will in that picture! Congrats on the big boy bed! Sam keeps asking for one...poor thing is about to literally outgrow the crib-converted-to-a-toddler-bed. The boys want bunk beds...we'll see!

Sara said...

Laura was almost three as well when she moved to a big girl bed. I kept her in it as long as I could. I'll probably be crying when we move Grant out of the crib and I'm hoping he won't be a climber, but I have my doubts.

Ryan is precious! So big!