Tuesday, March 10, 2009

A Brand New Day

Moving on from Christian fiction to Christian music.

I must admit, I have never been a huge fan of contemporary Christian music. I mean, I guess I was a fan of Amy Grant in the 80's. What good little Southern Christian girl wasn't? But, I have never gotten into the whole wide world of contemporary Christian music. I don't know why- I live in the mecca of the contemporary Christian music world. My church holds Point of Grace concerts and the church down the road from my house holds Selah concerts. It is at my fingertips, literally. I guess I just never gave it a chance.

One day recently as I was flipping the radio stations it landed on 94.1 the fish (a Christian station.) A song came on the radio titled "Brand New Day" by a group called "Fireflight." I left it there and listened to every word. It was great. I loved the song, the words, the music, and I even love the name "Fireflight." I guess on that day, it spoke to me. It reminded me of the verse in Lamentations 2 : 22 Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.
23 They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.
24 I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him."

I love that God gives us a "brand new day," every day! Doesn't matter how much we screwed up today, there is always tomorrow to start anew!

Click this link to hear the song "Brand New Day."

No comments: