Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Recent Read

I have never been big into Christian fiction. I guess the only ones I ever tried reading were just not interesting to me or the writing was unbearable. Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers is different. I am so glad I listened to my friend Jennifer and gave it a try! This book captured my attention from the first page and was a page-turner-- all 480 pages. About half-way through the book I got really irritated with the main female character, but stuck with it because I wanted to know how it all ended. I will definitely be reading more Francine Rivers.

4 comments:

Holly Aytes said...

That is a great book! She has some other really good ones. There are 5 different books on 5 women of the Bible and 5 men. They are great too. And they are pretty quick reads as they aren't very long. I am finally reading Twilight :)

Sara said...

I like all of Francine Rivers books. I am kinda picky about my Christian Fiction authors as well.\


The Lineage of Grace series is great and I also liked "The Scarlet Thread".

Jennifer Masterson said...

Hey Ginger. I just came across your blog page yesterday. I can't even remember how I navigated myself to it - from someone else's blog page I am sure! I am so sorry about your dad's cousin. That is awful. We have to add him and his family to our prayer list! So great to have you and John Will here! I am enjoying spending time with you.

Ginger said...

Jennifer! I am so glad you commented. Very appropriate since I mentioned you in the post! Thanks again for loaning me that book. Also, thanks again for hosting Sunday night. That was SO much fun! (even though our guests didn't come...)