Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Big Day- make that 2 days

Update: JW is finished! And we are all relieved! I am especially relieved because Ryan has not taken a nap since Sunday! Yes, 5 days. So, I have had some really long days with my 2 year old. Including one emergency trip to the pediatricians office because he fell off the back of the couch and gashed his head open. Fun, yes, fun. We are all glad Daddy is done with his test.
The Bar Exam has arrived. This is what JW has been working towards for the past 3 years. Tommorrow morning at 9 a.m. he will begin a 2 day exam. One day of sitting in a room, answering 200 multiple choice answers that have 4 seemingly correct choices. One day of sitting in a room writing out 12 essay questions by hand (his hand already aches). My mind aches just thinking about it.
He took the Bar review course before we left Knoxville. Here is a quote I found in relation to the Bar review course- "Bar review is considered by many to be one of the most stressful and unpleasant experiences which a law student faces before becoming a lawyer." Sounds like fun, huh? For the past few weeks he has been going to our local library everyday to study in peace and quiet. He even made friends with another guy at the library also studying for the Bar and they had breakfast together today. I'm glad he found someone to commisserate with!
He will find out the results in October, so until then, let's just all pray really hard that he passes!



The Barbri books that have become attached to JW the past few months



3 comments:

Melanie said...

Good luck JW! I know all the hard work will pay off!

Sara said...

Glad the tests are over. I am confident that JW did a fabulous job..he is a smart man!

I enjoyed reading your dads thoughts on becoming a grandparent..very sweet!

Hope the naps return for everyones sanity!!!

Holly Aytes said...

Glad that is over for you...Madison hasn't been napping either and I am about to pull my hair out. No naps makes for 1 cranking girl and I am not just talking about her :) Hope the naps soon return! Is Ryan going to go to preschool this fall?