Saturday, July 19, 2008

I haven't seen many movies in an actual movie theater in the past 5 years. In fact, I could probably rattle off all that I have seen in about oh, 2 seconds. But, the other night we decided to take both boys to see Kung Fu Panda. It was a really cute movie! To sum it up, it was an animated version of Karate Kid. Who doesn't love the Karate Kid, though? Dustin Hoffman was the voice of the older Kung Fu Master (Mr. Miyagi.) Jack Black was the panda student (Daniel LaRusso.) Some of the other characters were Angelina Jolie and Lucy Lui. My only complaint is that there was quite a bit of "Kung Fu" action, making for a slightly violent animated film.

How did I keep a 2 year old happy and still the entire 1 hour and 30 minutes? A box of Twizzlers. I know, I know, that is terrible. Especially since I have this huge aversion to red food coloring, but I'm telling you, I didn't have to get up and take him out even once. The kid thought they were the greatest things he had ever gotten his little hands on!
Overall, great family outing!

6 comments:

April said...

Glad you guys got to go to a movie! Sounds like you all had a good time. Ryan with twizzlers is too funny. Maybe we'll have to go see the movie sometime...

Holly Aytes said...

That was the 1st movie Madison saw also. The box of popcorn and HUGE coke kept her happy :) Not a proud mommy moment but allowed the other 2 to see the movie in peace. I thought it was a pretty cute movie too...afterwards Caleb kept referring to himself as the "mean" tiger and Taylor was the "good girl" tiger :)

Cindy said...

I love Twizzlers, too! Have you ever tried the chocolate ones? Not my favorite, but interesting.

We took both our boys to see Kung Fu Panda, too, as a reward for Will getting his kindergarten shots. Will loved it. Sam tolerated it...he's not a big movie buff, but he did okay in the theater.

So funny how we let the second one start sooner...we didn't take Will to the movies until his third birthday, and Sam's already been to at least 5!!! Crazy!

blogger's dad said...

Where is the music; I loved the music, and I love you guys

Ginger said...

Cindy- Will had gotten his 5 yr old shots that day, too!! He was so brave, just sat there for them! I was amazed... I was ready to pull the moon out of the sky for him, but, we just went to the movies!!

Erin said...

Cooper loved this movie! So glad you guys got out- I know it is a process sometimes to get everyone moving in the same direction! Hope you are doing well! Beautiful family!
Erin