Tuesday, July 1, 2008

packing, packing, and more packing

Just in case you are wondering what I am doing.......

Thank goodness my Mother is here! For those of you who know her, you know she is this tiny little bundle of never-ending energy. Last night about 10:30, I was heading to bed after an exhausting day and she informs me (in her ever-perky voice) she was ready to stay up and keep packing. I told her I was going to bed and to have fun. (She went to bed, convinced she would make too much noise.) I am so thankful she is here. She packed my entire kitchen today. My Dad was in the military and they moved 15 times in 15 years. I think packing and moving is almost fun to her. Like I said, I am very thankful she is here.

4 comments:

Holly Aytes said...

I am very sad that you are packing and moving but am so glad you have someone to help you. I think packing is fun too, I have done it 8 times in the 11 years Matt and I have been married. My MIL says I could do it as a business. Oh yeah and I packed my parents in 2 weeks when they moved out of their house they had lived in for 33 years! Talk about alot of stuff to pack :)

Cindy said...

What a busy week this must be for you! I didn't realize that Sunday was your last day at Laure...and I didn't even get to say good-bye! I'm so sorry I missed you. You and Jon and the boys have been a blessing to Laurel, and especially our Heart to Heart group. You will all be missed! I wish you the best in the transition, and look forward to keeping up with you guys through your blog.

Sara said...

I don't envy the packing! My parents were here for 10 days and they helped us unpack and set up house! I couldn't have done it without them. It was a huge huge blessing.

I know you'll be glad when it is all over. Hang in there!

James E. Miller said...

Parental help is nice. Of course, JW is pretty good at packing, too. I've seen it first hand. Don't let him get out of loading a few boxes on the truck, either.

Seriously, I do feel bad I can't be there to help some. JW was a big help to me the day we moved and last weekend when I picked up the rest of the stuff. Maybe I can unpack a box if I stay with you in October.

Good luck. We're thinking about you guys and look forward to seeing you soon...