Thursday, September 25, 2008

Been There. Done That.


I opened up my J.Crew catalog the other day and this image was right there, in the middle of the denim section, staring at me. Tight-rolled jeans. Now, I don't know about you, but I lived through tight-rolled jeans once back in 1988, and I'm not going back. Sorry, I don't care if they are trendy. I carefully tight-rolled my Guess jeans and proudly wore them with a matching Guess jeans sweatshirt all through 8th grade. I had bangs and a perm and I was stylin' as I walked the mall with my other tight-rolled jean friends on Friday nights. (Ash, you were there...) But, I'm not tight-rolling anymore. No, thanks.


5 comments:

Sara said...

Ha! Fashion trends always come full circle. Yeah, I'm with you. I did that and don't plan to EVER tight roll my jeans again!

Holly Aytes said...

I too will not be tight-rolling my jeans! I could pull it off back then in my pre-baby days but pretty certain I couldn't now (I also could wear those skinny jeans, leggings with a long shirt, etc and wouldn't now if you paid me)! Really, there are some trends that should stay in the past :)

Ashley Dixon-Harrell said...

ummmm.... I think not. I had my days of Pasta sweaters and Outback Red from The Limited. I not only tight rolled jeans but all my other pants too, ha! Never again. Ging- I so remember the Guess jeans and Guess sweatshirt. You used to tuck in the sweatshirt. It was awesome. I can never see myself tight rolling anything and I certainly cannot wear "skinny" jeans. They should just be outlawed. I vote NO to the tightrolling.

Cindy said...

Wow...I've learned a new term..."tight rolling." We called it "pegged" jeans at my school. Isn't that funny? I just thought everyone else did, too! I loved pegging my jeans...it was great. I'm pretty sure we've all gotten enough advice on "What Not to Wear" to realize that they are not flattering! And I agree...the skinny jeans should be outlawed...they look especially creepy on teenage boys! EWWW!!!

Gini said...

I may bust out my mad tight-rolling skills- but paired with heels rather than alternating colors of slouch socks:)