Sunday, September 7, 2008

My New Obsession


Are any of you familiar with Stephenie Meyer and the Twilight Series ? Well, I just finished reading the first book, Twilight (all 498 pages of it) in about 5 days. Addictive. That is how I would describe it. The wait for book 2, New Moon, at my library is so long that I am going to have to go out this afternoon and buy it. I can't stand it. I now know what all the fuss is about.

I saw her interviewed on 60 Minutes (or some show like that) and she is just a normal stay-at-home-mom of 5 who happens to be instantly famous because of these books. Kind of like a J.K. Rowling story. I love that! These books are based on a crazy dream she had one night. She said she woke up and raced to her computer to get it all down before she forgot. Now, I have crazy dreams all the time, but usually forget them before I can even get to my coffee. The movie based on Twilight is coming out in November.

For those of you saying, "isn't that the vampire book?" Yes, but this is no Anne Rice. It does not read like vintage sci-fi or goth. It is a modern day love story. Meyer is a fan of Jane Austen. Trust me. You won't be able to put this book down.

3 comments:

Gini said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! I should have gotten you this book:)

Melanie said...

I can't even get hold of the first book to start the series! I almost broke down and bought it at Target last night. I guess I will finish the one I'm on and read my book club book and then hopefully I can get it! Thanks for letting us know how much you enjoyed it!

Gini said...

guess what we're reading for the next book club???