Monday, September 1, 2008

Happy September!


I love September. It has always been my favorite month. Here's a few reasons why:

  1. The "back-to-school" feeling. I don't care how old you are, everyone needs that fresh start in the Fall.

  2. The first UT football game. This is best experienced in Knoxville. Where else in the world can you find a huge parking lot tailgate party at your local Food City giving away free food and t-shirts? Where else in the world is there a radio station that will play "Rocky Top" 24 hours straight to celebrate the beginning of football season? I will always consider myself lucky to have lived 3 Septembers in that beloved town.

  3. The beginning of the month still feels like summer, but by the end of the month it feels like fall. You might even smell a bonfire or two. I love the smell of fall!

  4. It is my birthday month. I am turning 29 again this year. It is also my father-in-laws birthday month. He is a Virgo, like me. Maybe this is why we've always gotten along so well. No, I don't believe in astrology, but the Virgo description has always fit me frighteningly well.

  5. The season premiere of Grey's Anatomy is Thursday night September 25th. Seriously people, let's get our priorities straight here.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

I agree about getting our priorities straight -On Thursday Sept 25th I will be glued to the TV -love that show!! Can't wait to see what happens with Meredith and McDreamy!

Cindy said...

I, too, am a big September fan! Although on the 25th, my loyalties lie with The Office and ER!!!

Sara said...

I always love when the new shows start up!! The first UT game was a bit of a disappointment..hope they get better!

Gini said...

One more to add- the easy rain of September- SOOO much better than Spring Storms. I typically don't like rain ever, but these last few days have been pleasantly peaceful.