Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread


Pumpkin Bread is one of my favorite things to bake and eat in the Fall. I shared my favorite pumpkin bread recipe here last year. Well, I found another favorite. This one is different because of the addition of chocolate chips. It is from Cooking Light, one of my favorite food resources. If you try it, let me know what you think.

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
2 cups sugar
2 cups canned pumpkin
1/2 cup canola oil
1/2 cup fat free vanilla pudding
4 large egg whites
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 35o degrees. Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring to mix well. Combine flour, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda in a medium bowl, stirring to mix well. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture, mixing well. Stir in the chocolate chips.
Spoon batter into 2 loaf pans coated well with cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until a tester inserted comes out clean. Remove to a wire rack and let cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans.

3 comments:

Gini said...

I am making it as soon as I can get to the store for the ingredients!!!! Sounds DELICIOSO!!!

Cindy said...

I have a similar recipe and it is oh so good! (At first I thought the combination of pumpkin and semi-sweet chocolate would be weird, but I like it!)

Erin said...

I love pumpkin bread and chocolate, so I can't wait to try this! YUMMY! Thanks for the recipe! I hope you are all doing great! Happy Fall!
Erin