Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.


This past Sunday I was blessed to hear a wonderful message based on the above scriptures. In the midst of my worry about moving and houses, God reminded me that my worry is futile and down right ridiculous. Being still and listening to God is not always easy in our fast-paced world with deadlines and moving dates. But, God is always faithful. God is always present and God works in many, many different ways. Sunday morning He spoke directly through my dear and loving minister at my parents church. He is working through my many friends and family members who are all actively looking for us a house and praying that we will be lead to the right one. (The phone calls and emails of encouragement mean so much.) He managed to stop my panic when one house offer fell through, making me realize that was NOT the right house for us. I have faith that He will continue to work and lead us where He wants us. Thank you to all our dear friends and family. We could not do any of this without you!!

2 comments:

Sara said...

Thanks Ginger for reminding me not to worry. We both have the same moving situation and I've really got myself wrapped up in worrying about finding the perfect house. I need to just let go and let God take care of it for me.

April said...

Funny. I just read that same passage earlier today. Excellent scripture!!! Nice reminder. Yes, God will definately provide for you; He always has and always will. We are His kids, and seeing that from a parent's perspective, that is pretty powerful. What will amaze you is that whatever "perfect" house you end with, it will be far better than the one that just fell through...God works like that.